Thursday, March 16, 2006

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Billy Packer

Update: Shockers make the sweet sixteen
Wichita State: 80
Tennessee: 73

Bradley: 77
Kansas: 73

Wichita State: 86
Seton Hall: 66

Sorry for the lack of posting lately, I've been busy with work and it's tourney time. Anyway, I can't stand Big East and ACC blowhard Billy Packer. Here's a quote from Packer talking about the MVC getting four bids in the NCAA tournet (courtesy stltoday.com):

"I'm really not an expert on the Missouri Valley, but . . . it doesn't make any sense to me," he said. "You put Florida State and Maryland into their league, I'd like to know where they'd end up (in the MVC standings). Do you see any of those four teams taking Duke to overtime, at Duke (as Florida State did this year) and beating them on their home court?"

I hope the rest the three other MVC teams get a win, to help put Packer, Phelps and Nantz in their place. In the same article on stltoday.com Packer talked about how he thought the MVC and Colonial teams would do:

"What's going to be great about this first week is what those six bids actually do in the first round," he said. "I don't know how many they'll be favored in."
Nice job Captain Obvious... I wondered how they could be favored considering the screw job they got from the commitee. Only one of the four (Wichita State) is the higher ranked seed in the 1st round. I'm thrilled the MVC got four bids, but their pairings pretty well stink.

Good luck MVC. I hope you shut these east-coast biased announcers up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn that I left a comment here earlier today. Maybe there's something in my pipe? You're doing well in the pool, congrats.

Felone said...

Thanks, I'm not sure how long my run is going to last, a lot of my first rounds picks worked and the second rounds I'm not so sure about anymore. Hopefully the final four will work out alright.

Since none of 'my teams' are in it this year (namely Mizzou) I'm stuck routing for the Missouri Valley. Go Shockers :-)