Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Daily Rant

A few of things on my mind:

First, I know it's been a few weeks, but I just re-read Zell Miller's speech at the RNC. I loved it... If you didn't get a chance to hear or read it... do it here

Second, I am getting kind of tired of this CBS news story.. (by the way, did anyone notice the link to the speech was to CBS? That was intentional). The story here has nothing to do with President Bush's service, rather it has to do with Rather and him faking the news and not admitting it. That is why this is a story. But who among us didn't already know that the big networks (not including fox) are as liberal as you get and will do anything to slant the story towards the left.

In my humble opinion, people shouldn't care about Bush's national guard service. They should care about what he has in his 3+ years as president and his time as govenor. The same argument applies to Kerry, I don't care much about what he did in Vietnam... I care about what he has done in public service since.... And I agree that like the quote from JibJab "He has more waffles than a House of Pancakes." The only telling argument about his service to me is that he was talking about being president 30+ years ago... That's more than a little odd... Kerry reminds me of Aaron Burr, he is into politics and being a gentleman more than standing for anything.

Third, aren't liberals supposed to be the "nice people who love everyone", if you think that is the case you should check out this post at rightwingnews.com. These people are nutbags... Also, how come every time a liberal wants to hurl a comment at a conservative it is "nazi or white bread". The nazi one really gets me, this is the worst insult available. As a descendant of German Jews I can't believe that anyone would ever use the term Nazi as an insult.

Forth, I read this article by Dick Morris this morning at NYPost.com. The title is "Nobody Likes Him" and Morris is talking about Kerry. This article is based on the latest poll results and in the article he says:


But worse, the poll shows that Kerry must face a basic problem: His own voters don't like him very much.
The Fox News poll asked Kerry supporters if their vote for the Democrat could best be described as motivated by support for Kerry (41 percent) or by opposition to Bush (51 percent). By contrast, Bush voters emphatically say, by 82-13, that they are voting for the president rather than against the challenger.


No comments: