Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nice Passage

Just reading the Bible and a scripture (2 Peter 1:16-18) popped out at me:
16 We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17
For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.
I'm not sure why this stood out so much, maybe because I don't spend enough time in the general letters? But it's always nice to read confirmations, especially when they are outside the Gospels. This may be useful in conversations with non-believers (or seekers) who question anything in the Gospels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is encouraging to me because we often fail to emphasize the historical reality of the Gospel. There were thousands of eye witnesses, not just a few Apostles. I think this is especially important as people begin to challenge Christianity as a manufactured religion (i.e., The Da Vinci Code and so on).