Friday, August 06, 2004

Cards Win (Then Get Walker)

So I'm driving home from work and listening to the Cards game on KMOX, so during a commercial I switch over to 550 AM (I am a sports geek...) and they announce that the Cards have just traded a minor league pitcher for Larry Freakin Walker.

I immediately start trying to figure out where he will bat (I'm guessing 2nd) and trying to figure out how I can score some World Series tickets. I know he is 38, and a little brittle (he hasn't played more than 140 games / seasion in a long, long time). But who cares, we gave up nothing (at least until we find out who the famous "player to be named later(s)" are) and this guy can flat out play.

Walt Jocketty is the man!!! This guy never ceases to amaze with his late season trades (Big Mac, Will Clark, Woody, Rolen).

War Cards World Series Tickets
War St. Loo tour stop....

No comments: