Sunday, October 31, 2004

Random Thoughts

I took Thursday and Friday off due to a lot of hours lately and no recent vacation... So for the most part (except for getting some work done yesterday and today) I haven't been on a PC for the weekend (which equals no blogging).



Also, apparently something was up with blogger because my blog post (via email) about trying to keep the Red Sox curse alive didn't go up until after the Cardinals lost. Oh well... Wishful thinking.



The Cardinals had a great run and although it ended in a disappointing manner we still have to applaud their season. Like all the other great Cardinals fans I am not going to dwell on the disappointment of getting swept but look at the positives coming into next year:

  • The core of position players should be intact (only the signing of Renteria is a question mark).
  • It sounds like the management is already going after the holes exposed by the Red Sox... and they are going to try to get a power pitcher to get us over the hump. They will be able to do this by using the money freed up by Morris, Williams and Tino Martinez (who was getting paid by us this year for nothing).
  • We will have a more mature: Danny Haren, Kiko Calero, Rick Ankiel, Yadier Molina and Hector Luna.


Onto the election:

I can't wait, because I am getting tired of the ads, rhetoric and ridiculous reporting by the mainstream media. On a sidenote: I listen to talk radio a lot and every time there is a top of the hour CBS or ABC radio news they always start with Kerry's campaign. Now maybe I'm being too picky, but I've heard at least fifty top of the hour news reports in the last two weeks and everyone of them started with Kerry's campaign. I also can't wait to find out who wins.

I am happy to report that for the first time (I think) my Mom will be voting a straight Republican ticket and advised my sister to do same. Go Mom!

Unfortunately, I will be voting in St. Louis County instead of St. Chuck (St. Charles, MO for non Missourians) because apparently I didn't change when I moved and my voter registration card showed up at my Moms. At least I'm registered, but I could have swore I changed that when I renewed my license.

That's all the news that is fit to print. I'll be blogging again soon.


No comments: