Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bill McClellan Again

Alright, I'm back from seattle, Great, great time!! I'll be posting recap and pictures soon... However, I just read this article and it drove me ape. McClellan is at it again, I think he may want to piss off everyone in this town... He start off by talking about the feedback he got from his article (the one I posted about here). Great comment from a reader:
One reader spoke for many: "This is the worst thing you've ever written, and considering the quality of your work, that's an accomplishment."
Later in the article he goes off on the "Voice of America" KMOX 1120 AM in St. Louis because they have Rush Limbaugh as one of the shows on the station...
Why would anybody left of center listen to KMOX? For three hours a day, the station promotes hatred of liberals. If you were Jewish and the station promoted hatred of Jews, would you listen? Would you patronize their advertisers?
This guy really needs to calm down. Apparently he hasn't listened to KMOX much, because the rest of the station's shows range from moderate to liberal. I heard a great rebuttal to Bill's column while listening to KMOX, the host (maybe Charlie Brennan?) said not listening to KMOX because Rush Limbaugh is on three hours a day (or 12.5% of the day) is like not reading the entire Post Dispatch because McClennan is in it. Good Idea... I'd already cancelled my subscription, and I'm going to stop paying attention to anything other than the sports page on stltoday.com.

2 comments:

Felone said...

Touche... Although there is a difference between the Post and KMOX... The Post is all liberal, whereas KMOX has a single conservative talk show host. The post hasn't endorsed a Republican for in Congress or White House for 50 some odd years (including Reagan, Ashcroft, Talent, etc). I'll keep reading the post's sports page (hard to be liberal about sports), but the any of their regular columnists or op-ed guest columnists aren't anywhere close to moderate.

Felone said...

for the record... I would be ethinically Jewish if it wasn't for the two adoptions (me and my grandpa)... even with the adoptions it would only be 1/8th. Your point still applies, but at what point does ethnicity run out? I'm part Hungarian, German, French, etc... Unless your 50% of something aren't you just american?