Monday, February 14, 2005

No Sleep Till....

Okay, so today I went to church, helped my sister with her new computer and then ran some errands. I left the house about 8:30 AM and got home at about 5:00... I immediately fell asleep on the couch and woke up around 7:00 with the worst headache ever. I took some Tylenol about an hour ago and hope I will fall asleep soon (it's 12:30 AM). Have you ever woke up with a nasty headache that you didn't have when you went to bed? What's up with that? It makes no sense to me at all.

College Roommate Blogs


So after trying to fall asleep and failing, I've been surfing around some blogs and came across two that are funny (careful, the first blogger cusses a lot, you are warned):

http://ihatemyflatmate.blogspot.com/
http://thingsihateaboutmyroommate.blogspot.com/

Anywho... the second blogger commented in a post about the "Real World" quality of the roommate surveys and I would have to agree wholeheartedly. "Multi-culturalism" was the buzz word during my freshman year at DePaul University (Chicago) in 1994-1995. I think they applied that to our dorm situations. At the time I was an accounting major and they paired me with a musical theatre major. We got along well, and it worked out, but it seems like an odd pairing. That pairing wasn't half as weird those as some of my friends.... One of my friends (uhhh... at the time, unfortunately I really haven't spoken to anyone at DePaul in the 10 years since I left), was a white country boy Accounting major from Tennessee who was paired with an african-american art major from downtown Chicago. Another friend was a Jewish guy from the North Shore who was paired a gay guy from somewhere in the boon docks... These pairing didn't make much sense at all. I think it was some big conspiracy to promote Multi-culturalism. It worked for the most part, we all got along... but kinda weird.

1 comment:

superflywebpimp said...

you have been visited by the superflywebpimp. "do the chickens have large talons?"